Thursday, September 03, 2009

Mastercard, VISA, Amex or Diner Club can't buy what I have in YOU!

So last Monday I wrote about how I suffered an asthma attack early in the morning. Today I found out why it happened.

Let's rewind a little a bit.

Tuesday night my aunty who is currently visiting from Indonesia slept over my house. I initially didn't want to go out on the Wednesday because I really wanted to rest but I felt it was my responsibility to take her out. So we went out to Bondi Junction yesterday.

We had coffee and for most of the time we had a chat. She shared to me about our family back in Indonesia. She spoke of their journey and process with God both financially and spiritually. I was moved to give financially to my cousin but I realise I'm no position to do so. I'm currently a part time student and unemployed, looking for work. But God stirred in my heart to give.

Anyways, I promised to God that when I started to work I would give for my family.

We walked into Diva, the accessory store. I love Diva! I always visit a Diva store every time I'm in a Westfield mall.

So I went in with my aunt, who is also a lover of accessories. I told myself that I wouldn't buy anything because I had no spare cash to spend. I told myself that I was only going to LOOK!

But of course part of being a female is one's love for fashion and accessories. I couldn't help myself a found a beautiful flower ring that caught my eyes. I grabbed it. I put it on. I said "I'm buying it."

But the Holy Spirit reminded me:
- I was in no position to shop
- I promised that I would give for others first before myself

But I said "look, it looks good on me" as I watched myself in the mirror. "It fits perfectly on my finger. It suits all the clothes I have at home." At this point I was rationalizing this purchase for myself.

But at this point I was also in a dilemma whether to buy it for myself or for my aunt (Pastor's wife) in Indonesia who loves accessories too!

Then He suddenly whispered sharply into my ears "Steph, it's better to give out of your shortage rather than giving from your wealth. Everyone can give when they have money but what matters to me is when you give from nothing. And when you give, it opens up another opportunity for me to bless you greatly!"

I replied "Yes Lord, I know but really have a look. Doesn't it look perfect on finger? With the colour of my nail polish too?" I was so close to buying for myself until I heard Him say "will you be satisfied and happy to buy this ring for yourself and you wearing it or will you be satisfied and happy to see this ring on your aunty's finger and knowing that you bought it for her from your shortage?"

And that was all it took for me to decide and say "God, I'm going to buy it for my myself. I will be so happy to see this ring on my aunt's finger because I know that I have blessed her from my shortages."

And as I made this decision and spoke these words my phone started to vibrate. It was a phone call from an office number. I thought to myself 'who could be calling me from an office I didn't know?' But I just accepted the call and stepped out of the store.

Unbeknown to me it was a lady from a childcare centre where I had applied for work just last week. She asked if I was available to come in for an interview and I immediately said 'YES!'

I said to God "whether I do or don't get this job I will be thankful because just experiencing you and your almighty control over my life is enough for me. No amount of money or possession can buy my experience and relationship with YOU!"


After I hung up the phone I turned around and walked back into Diva while saying to God "Thank you Father for your timing is perfect! You are not one second too early or one second too late. You are always on time. And you always work for the greater good of your children. When I decided to give from my shortages you gave me more! You gave me a job interview!"

SO today I had the interview with the childcare centre in Alexandria. It was short, brief and great! Because even though I realise I have no childcare qualification or training, just my ministry, the lady is taking me on board on a casual basis as a childcare assistant!!! Can you believe that?! I applied for the administration role because I thought that because I have no qualification they wouldn't take me on so I applied for the admin role but she said that she was looking for a full time admin person BUT she said she had casual childcare assistant positions available. And when she said that I almost jumped out of my seat! Because that's exactly what I was looking for! So she put me down as casual/part time childcare assistant. She has to check my records first to make sure I have no criminal record and I'm in!

And so how does this relate to my asthma attack earlier on in the week you say? Well you see when God is preparing you for a great blessing ahead the "guys from the other side of the team" aren't very happy with it. They'll try to do whatever it takes to steer you away from His blessing. So I believe that when you start experiencing troubles or resistance on your pathway towards His plan be sure to understand and believe that it's because there is great blessing not far where you are now. So just believe and keeping walking ahead because when you are walking with Him you are UNTOUCHABLE!

* Shoes, Mastercard. Jacket, VISA. Bag Amex. My heart, PRICELESS for He has paid for all of me and you. *

4 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Jepz said...

El Shaddai and Congrats!

God Bless..

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

Thank you! All glory to Him! =)

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am bless tonight Steph reading your Blog...hmm sometimes or I rather says 'all the times' God work in mysterious way...well all the best for your new job....God Bless yah :)

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger tephiee said...

Thank you Ko! Yes He does work in very mysterious ways but that is defnitely one of the many great things about our journey with God. We often have wonderful experiences with Him when we dont limit Him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home