Sunday, April 11, 2010

....Rewind to 1 month ago...

About a month ago I went to Hillsong Colour Conference. It was amazing! Session after session I was electrified by God's revelation, His Word and His presence.

The highlights of the Conference (and after) included:
- when I got home from the 2nd night of Conference I remember sharing with my mum about the message and how excited I was about what God was doing in life. And suddenly as I kept on sharing with her I felt His Spirit say to me 'you will begin to speak and live things that have never passed your mind!' I knew that as I opened my mouth His Spirit was just filling my lips with words and revelations that had never crossed my mind before. I even had to stop mid conversation just to make sure what I was saying had made sense. If you ask me now what I had been sharing I honestly don;t remember but I do remember is His Spirit just filling me with revelation and message after message that I could not longer contain. And that was when I realised the truth of His Word of "you will start to experience things that have never crossed your mind!" That honestly got me curious and excited!!!

I also remember questioning God (as I was sharing with my mum) that night about how my passion to teach and studying to be a journalist is aligned? And I remember Him just reassuring me that I was on the right path in that He purposely led me down the path of studying journalism and coincidingly placing teaching passions in me. He showed me how being a teacher and journalist is quite similar in that they both require me to question and investigate for the truth. And that's when the picture became more clear. I knew why I had a grow interest in teaching and journalism and I knew deep down that he was planning something great with the both.

I also learnt that night that I've always loved public speaking and I've always loved watching people speak on stage. And I knew why I loved it. It was because God Himself was preparing me to one day speak on stage in front of many. And that night I knew that being elected School Captain and having opportunity after opportunity and compliment and after compliment (about public speaking) was not a coincidence. It was all planned by Him and all I needed to do was just surrender!

But the next post is the most telling post of far this year, so keep reading... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home