Monday, February 25, 2008

Uni has begun!

I had my first lecture today. It was journalism 1. I came to class with okay self-esteem. I mean I wasn't too nervous but by the end of class I have discovered that I am an impressionable person. When people around me have feel a certain way (usually negatively), I initially don't share that same feeling but when I notice that they are in difficulty I also follow.

So when I left class, it was all a blur for me but I knew that I could do it until I reached the lift. My classmates were commenting on how there was much to do etc. It made me question whether I had the capabilities to continue on.

I knew that I was older than these students and I had more "experience" than them in the sense that I have done a dilpoma course in Communications. I guess my fight now is my impressionable attribute that at times can be a positive thing for me but at most times works against me.

The only thing that felt like comfort for me in today's lecture was the lecturer's comment on how we should fail in order to learn anything. She noted that if universities all had smart and hardworking students then there will be nothing to teach, nothing to learn, nothing to gain more experiences from. No one is perfect, we all strive to become a better person. Don't think short of yourself because you are less than but look at the "more than" in your life!

This is the lesson that I've taken from today's lecture, besides the fact that journalists have a stressful yet exciting life ahead of them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home